Thursday 12 September 2013

Wanderlust

Since mini Rusty, I am motivated to poke more...

I am simply amazed with the myriad of artworks possible with just a needle and felt wools, as long as one is equipped with the colors. It's portable - there's no need for a fancy studio nor lugging of a heavy case of art materials, one is able to poke anywhere one wishes. I enjoy chilling with a book over latte in a cosy cafe, now I poke and read in a cafe, double bliss :-)

For those who know me well, my wanderlust grips me tremendously. Call it a penchant for geography, experience or satisfying my curiosity or restlessness, the world out there always holds untold mystery, a wealth of enlightenment. Perhaps that explains my fondness for maps and globes.

Last weekend as I was visiting friends in Hong Kong & Macau, I spent the snippets of time when on my own to poke a mini earth, in the comfort of Pacific Coffee cafe, at the same time relishing a hot latte and luscious mochis (yums, these are Japanese mochis which I love). Such is a precious moment of solitude that refreshes my spirit as it also releases my mind to roam freely.

Here's the finished product of my mini globe, completed back at home as a required material was not in my travelling wools pouch. Yes, I carry a pouch comprising the basics wherever I go, so I can slip in a little poking every now and then.




No comments:

Post a Comment