Saturday 28 September 2013

Colours

Colours are whimsical, depending on moods, situations and stages in life, preference over a color changes... 

In my late teens, I liked navy blue, rather untypical of a girl. When I was expecting my first child knowing the little one would be a girl, I started to like pink, a colour I never thought I would ever fancy?!! Over time, pink changed to red and fuchsia and slowly it moved towards purple hues. Purple and its family has stayed with me for many years, from lilac to violet, I practically love all shades of purple! 

However, I am not a rigid purple lover. The other of my favourite colour is white - white snowy mountains, white pebbles, polar bears, white marble sculptures, etc. I actually love an array of colours ~ the blues and whites of Santorini, the multi-colours of Riomaggiore, rustic autumn yellow-browns, green pasture fields, blood red cherries, cream and brown labs, silvery devices and the list goes on. I am equally wowed when presented with a splatter of colours, as long as they are tastefully fitting. 

Needle felting is a wonderful way to express oneself. With a wide spectrum of colours to choose from, it gives one the liberty to mix and match the colours. Looking at the impressive spread of coloured wools gives me a momentary endorphin rush, I always feel gigglish when I am browsing at a selection of coloured wools. Call me anal - I have a collection of coloured wools at my disposal and it has become my basket of joy!


Back to the subject of colour, my girl suggested that I should make a purple minion since I like purple. While purple minions are supposedly evil in the show, the colour actually makes the minion look comical, with its wiry explosive hair! 


No comments:

Post a Comment