Monday 16 September 2013

Teacher's Day


One of my biggest fans of needle felting is actually my boy. While he is fascinated with the different forms that can be shaped with needle felting, he is even more fascinated with the idea that people might be interested in buying the felted items. He has been brainstorming for me the price of each new artwork I made and excitedly coaxing me to start an online shop.

The other little fan of mine is my girl, she is genuinely intrigued by the craft, just like myself.  Thus I taught her the craft this year and she is already poking some creations of her own. As Teacher's Day neared, she wanted to poke little gifts for her teachers. The craft itself can be rather time consuming and she was planning to make 7 gifts, hence I came up with a rather simple item for her to needle felt - chupa chups!


As I made one for her to model after, my boy exclaimed that he wanted to make the same for his teachers too! However, being an 8 year-old boy whose chopsticks skills barely made it, I had been reluctant to teach him the craft since it is easy for one to prick oneself, what more a beginner and a boy whose motor skills are geared towards the legs for soccer instead.
satisfied customer :-)

After much thoughts, I teased him "Mommy shall make the chupa chups for you but you have to pay for my effort. How about $10 per piece?" He obviously clamoured that the price was too steep and tried to bargain, unknowingly I was actually 'pitching' for my first sale ;p Him being a glib negotiator, I finally relented at the price of $3 per piece. Woohoo, my first customer!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment