Friday 20 September 2013

Patisseries


Patisseries are such a visual feast! I delight in gazing at the lovely displays of beautiful cakes, breads and chocolates in bakeries, especially the French, Italian and Japanese selections. They look so pretty & appetising that I will not resist a piece or two each time; thankfully there is a limit to how much I can chow down at one time. I have to confess sometimes the cakes score better in looks than taste. It is perhaps an unfair statement, as my palate is only receptive to dark chocolates. One typical example is macarons - it gives me more pleasure looking at them versus eating them, with the exception of dark chocolate flavoured ones. 

I have a soft spot for breads though,  likely attributable to the taste of flour & yeast combination which I crave now and then. Good artisan breads are tedious to bake; another excuse for not baking breads at home is due to myself being the only bread enthusiast, hence it is not economical to bake just for one person. I'll bake muffins, macarons or cakes at whim or when there are special occasions such as birthdays or parties. 

With needle felting, I am able to create my favourite bakes & feast on them anytime without worry of expanding my waistline :p 



No comments:

Post a Comment