Friday 4 April 2014

Felissimo Koala



While visiting a friend in Kobe in 2012, I chanced upon a Felissimo Happy Toys Project Exhibition. It was a delightful display of handmade koala bears in patchwork or crochet, created and contributed by different individuals who participated in the project. After the exhibition, the multitude of colourful and vibrant bears would be shipped and donated to various children in the world as a gift,  how heartwarming! 



The project was launched in 1997 in Japan and carries out yearly missions of collating handmade toys. The mascot changes every year, ranging from teddy bears, dogs, reindeers, elephants to cats. Being Japanese, the mascot never fails to be KAWAII.... I missed out taking part in the project for 2013 but will certainly be looking out for the new project this year. I can't wait to sew my own patchwork mascot and make my contribution.

Here's my version of Felissimo Koala in needle felt :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment