Saturday 9 November 2013

My girl's masterpieces


Both my kids are fans of mommy's needlefelt craft works but my girl, being more artistically inclined, took up the craft this year as I started to poke more. She is 9 going 10, about the right age to handle a sharp needle. I taught her simple shapes such as spheres, cubes and other basic techniques. Along the way she practiced and poked items that she fancies. However, she gets carried away when she does art, thus I have to lay down strict instructions that she can only indulge in craftwork during school vacation days, whereas mommy will be poking away while eyeing them to complete their tasks at home during school terms ;p


All local kids and parents love year end school vacations as it spells the end of mugging for students & nagging for parents! It's a season to relax and revel in our favourite activities. Needless to say, my girl started poking after her examinations and here's what she came up with :-)


Chi!!! The cutesie cat character in a Japanese comics that she loves. Pretty good job done for a 9-year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment