Monday 11 November 2013

Dogs Dogs Dogs


My love affair with dogs began with our 1st dog - Rusty the Jack Russell Terrier...

Caring for a dog is a lifetime responsibility. Prior to dogs, I have had cats which were half a world apart from dogs. Cats are very independent whereas dogs require loads of attention, affection and time. While providing for Rusty, I read more about dogs and over time learnt the characteristics of JRTs and various other breeds. As I get acquainted with dogs, I began to grow a love towards them, though I have a preference over large breeds, short coat or goofy dogs ;p however, I like many other breeds not falling into these categories. 

The saying goes " Dogs love you more than they love themselves" - undoubtedly true! Regardless of breeds, all dogs make wonderful companions. As long as you accord it time, patience and love, dogs will learn to behave obediently. Similarly, any dog that has been previously traumatised will certainly outgrow its insecurities and be normalised. All that is required is a chance for them to adapt to their new environment.

Here's to all the lovely dogs!



No comments:

Post a Comment